2015 Solidarity Fund – Call for Applicants
In 2015, we are issuing a formal international call for applicants. This year we have developed an international Advisory Group to guide our growth, evaluate our processes and provide valuable advice to our Solidarity Fund Committee. The Advisory Group includes a range of international funders who are familiar with LGBTI community activism and organizations around the world, particularly in the global south and east.
This year we aim to give out five grants of up to USD $2,000 each.
Our granting criteria:
- Projects must take place in the 2015 calendar year
- Projects must take place in the global South and East (i.e. outside of Canada, the USA, Western Europe, Australia and New Zealand)
- Projects must support specific local events and activities that support LGBTI communities, including local Pride events.
- Projects must be time-limited, such as political marches, parades, community gatherings, film festivals, special events, and celebrations.
- Project funding is allowed to cover costs such as staff time, advertising, space or equipment rentals, registration fees, purchase of materials.
What we will not fund:
- Individuals not connected to an organization
- Ongoing operating costs for organizations
- Ongoing program costs
- Capacity building or training
- Paying off organizational debt
If your organization is interested in applying to the Solidarity Fund, click here to apply.
Deadline for filling out the online application form: April 30
Review Process by InterPride’s Solidarity Fund volunteers: May 1 to May 10
Check-in Meeting with Solidarity Fund Advisory Committee: May 10 to May 15
InterPride Board Approval: May 16/17
Notice of Approval: May 18
Funding Delivered: Early June
If your event is funded, we will request that you report back on the activities. We are interested in your challenges, successes and learnings. If you are funded, you will receive a simple form to fill out after the end of your project or event.
If you have any questions regarding this process or the application form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Solidarity Fund” in the subject line so it will be forwarded to our committee Co-Chairs, Dallas Barnes and Doug Kerr.