Partnership & Sponsorship Ethics Policy
InterPride is the international organization that ties Pride together globally. Members of our organization are dedicated volunteers who organize and work to put on Pride events worldwide. We value the active participation of partners and sponsors who provide essential support, resources, and finances to enable us to deliver our events and services.
InterPride exists to promote LGBTQIA+ Pride on an international level, increase networking and communication among Pride Organizations, and encourage diverse communities to hold and attend Pride events and act as a source of education. InterPride is a voice for the LGBTQIA+ community around the world. We stand up for inequality and fight injustice everywhere.
Partners and sponsors do not influence the policy or operation of InterPride. Given our commitment to transparency, all partners and sponsors are listed in full on our website.
InterPride will not enter into partnership or sponsorship arrangements with companies who:
- Manufacture or promote tobacco products.
- Manufacture or sell weapons or arms.
- Promote alcohol or drugs (including marijuana) in a way that does not meet standards set by local government in relation to consumption, advertising, marketing, and age of sale.
- Manufacture products in countries where laws criminalize LGBTQIA+ individuals unless the company has a stated policy and provides support to LGBTQIA+ advocacy organizations in that country and/or internationally.
- Financially, verbally or in any other way, support regimes or organizations that violate human rights.
- Directly or indirectly violate international treaties on Human Rights, including the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- Directly or indirectly violate recognized international treaties or standards on the protection of the environment.
- Engage in unethical profiteering schemes or lending practices that target those with a low socioeconomic status.
- This is not an exhaustive list, and an assessment will be made on each potential partner or sponsor, including:
- Listed on various LGBTQIA+ Equality Indexes such as that by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC), Stonewall, RainbowTick, or others
- Signatory of any national or international LGBTQIA+ business practice protocols (i.e., UN STANDARDS OF CONDUCT FOR BUSINESS: Tackling Discrimination against Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, & Intersex People)
- LGBTQIA+ led or have an LGBTQIA+ Employee Resource Group (ERG)
- Media analysis of human rights, LGBTQIA+, environmental and other coverage (positive, negative, neutral)
- Review of any LGBTQIA+ policies
- Review of any environmental policies (carbon footprint declaration, offsetting promises, monitoring, etc.)
- Overall alignment with the mission of InterPride - a good fit with InterPride’s image
- Does the partnership or sponsorship conflict with InterPride’s values?
- Does the partnership or sponsorship suit our overall strategy?
- Will this partnership or sponsorship help us realize our short and long-term objectives?
This policy will be reviewed annually. For further information on becoming a partner or sponsor of InterPride, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.