Equal rights for LGBTQIA+ communities are central to the purpose and work of InterPride.
Seventy jurisdictions in the world criminalize private, consensual, same-sex sexual activity. The death penalty may be applied in eleven of these jurisdictions. Fifteen countries criminalize the gender identity and/or expression of transgender people. In many countries, there is no right to peaceful public assembly. Regressive government and judicial policies are continuing to erode hard-fought human rights gains.
InterPride’s Strategic Plan 2022-2025 includes an enhanced focus on working collaboratively with partners to grow the Pride movement as a means of achieving visibility and social change. We also aim to build our international profile to better advocate for the rights of our communities.
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR SCHOLARSHIP & GRANTS
InterPride’s work in human rights includes:
- advocacy on human rights issues impacting our communities
- education and awareness training
- implementing policies that support diversity, equity, and inclusion
- managing funding programs that support the growth and development of Pride globally
- awarding scholarships to member representatives to support networking and information sharing at our Annual General Meeting and World Conference
- data collection and research into trends and issues related to the global Pride movement