Working Together In Pride
InterPride works closely with national and international associations that bring individual Pride organizers together under a representative structure. Through joint membership agreements with the United States Association of Prides (USAP), the European Pride Organisers Association (EPOA), and Fierté Canada Pride (FCP), members of these organizations, are automatically members of InterPride as well.
InterPride also works closely with the International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, and Intersex Association (ILGA World).
EPOA is the network of European lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) Pride organisations. The association was founded in 1992 in London as a joint initiative of the Prides of Amsterdam, Berlin and London. Over the years that followed, EPOA has consistently grown and now has more than 70 member organisations in almost 30 countries. The European Pride Organisers Association (EPOA) AISBL is registered in Belgium and is licensor of the trademark EuroPride. epoa.eu
Fierté Canada Pride (FCP) is the national association of Canadian Pride organisations that was founded in 2004. Powered by a governance structure consisting of an elected Board of Directors and 4 Leadership Councils (equity seeking groups/communities) as well as a staff team leading the operations of the organisation, FCP’s membership is made up of over 75 Pride organisations from almost every region of the country. FCP’s mission is to strengthen Pride organizations and 2SLGBTQIA+ communities through elevating marginalized peoples, practicing reconciliation in action, collaborating intentionally, building capacity, and advocating for systemic change. FCP envisions a world where Pride & 2SLGBTQIA+ movements and communities that are connected, accessible, accountable, intersectional and equitable. Our Values: Reconciliation, Anti-Oppression & Anti-Racism, Accountability & Integrity, Collaboration & Capacity Building, Mutual Care & Dignity. FCP holds an Annual Conference & AGM as well as being the licensor of the Canada Pride Festival & Human Rights Conference
USAP is the United States Association of Prides and was formed in October 2018 focused on helping to build vibrant and strong United States Pride organizations through collaboration, support, networking, providing resources, networking, helping to develop a national identity of Pride, and offer support and advocacy for its members. There are several regional Pride groups, including NERP (North East Regional Prides), POSE (Prides of the South East), and CAPI (Consolidated Association of Pride) with a western US focus. usaprides.org
ILGA World is
a worldwide federation of more than 1,700 organisations from over 160 countries and territories campaigning for lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex human rights. ILGA World members are based in six regions: Pan Africa ILGA, ILGA Asia, ILGA Europe, ILGALAC (Latin America and the Caribbean), ILGA North America and ILGA Oceania.
In 2021, InterPride launched its annual InterPride Awards granted to individuals and organizations who have significantly impacted our community over the previous twelve (12) to twenty-four (24) months.
Eight (8) award categories were established, with nominations accepted from the general public and member organizations. The award includes a certificate of acknowledgment, and a permanent listing on our website. The Board of Directors reviews all nominations.
Members of the general public and members can submit nominations for each award category. Nominees must be members of InterPride, except for the partnership award, which must be a current partner.
List of Awards
- Outstanding Member Pride Organizer – Africa: This award will honor the best InterPride member organization in Africa.
- Outstanding Member Pride Organizer – Asia: This award will honor the best InterPride member organization in Asia.
- Outstanding Member Pride Organizer – Europe: This award will honor the best InterPride member organization in Europe.
- Outstanding Member Pride Organizer – North America: This award will honor the best InterPride member organization in North America.
- Outstanding Member Pride Organizer – Oceania: This award will honor the best InterPride member organization in Oceania.
- Outstanding Member Pride Organizer – South America: This award will honor the best InterPride member organization in South America.
- Outstanding InterPride Volunteer: To honor and celebrate InterPride’s Volunteer of the Year. This award honors and celebrates an individual volunteer that has significantly contributed to InterPride.
- Outstanding InterPride Partner Organization: To honor and celebrate InterPride’s Partner Organization of the Year. This award honors and celebrates a partner organization that has significantly contributed to InterPride.
InterPride’s second annual InterPride Award winners.
Outstanding Member Pride Organizers
Africa: The Rainbow Advocacy Project
Asia: Gandhinagar Queer Pride Foundation
North America: Gay & Sober
Oceania: Equality Australia
South America: Brasilia Orgulho
Outstanding InterPride Volunteer
Outstanding InterPride Partner Organization
Human Rights Campaign
InterPride’s first annual InterPride Award winners.
Outstanding Member Pride Organizers
Africa: Cape Town Pride
Europe: Copenhagen Pride
North America: Guadalajara Pride
Oceania: Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras