Internship Position Overview
The Marketing & Communications (MARCOM) Intern must have a genuine interest in using various digital and traditional marketing and media communication strategies to advance InterPride’s mission.
This position will communicate LGBTQIA+ educational messages through earned and social media, direct marketing, digital marketing, audience targeting, content customization techniques, digital behavior analytics, content production, and advertising and contribute to the organization’s overall success. During the four (4) month period, the intern will work at least 20 hours per week.
“I was able to walk away with some great skills that I will carry over to the next steps of my career.”
- Current undergraduate or graduate student (Preferred)
- Marketing: 1-2 years (Preferred)
- Ability to dedicate at least 20 hours per week
- Assisting in the creation of digital content for the organization
- Creating and pitching unique social media content
- Brand monitoring and active engagement on InterPride social media platforms
- News stories related to InterPride’s purpose are researched and compiled
- Using creative tools to edit existing digital images and media
- Organizing and helping with preparations for numerous online events
“The things that I have learned with InterPride will help me in my future career.”
Recent graduates and undergraduate juniors, and seniors with work or internship experience are encouraged to apply, but all qualified candidates will be evaluated on an equal basis regardless of their age or experience.
Candidates from any major are encouraged to apply; however, those with a strong background in marketing, communications, public relations, graphic design, or other related fields are more likely to be selected for this position.
- Strong knowledge of mobile-first, user experience-driven, digital content design
- Strong writing skills
- Understanding of SEO best practices
- Understanding of organic and paid media strategies
- Knowledge of social media platforms and associated analytics tools
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to tackle multiple projects at once and meet deadlines
- Highly motivated to learn, grow professionally and work in a very fast-paced team environment
- Open to giving and receiving feedback
- Have a special interest in marketing, communications, and/or media relations
- Someone who has multicultural and/or multinational experience and is skilled at ensuring content is appropriate for a global audience
- Marketing automation and Google Analytics knowledge are a plus
- Experience with Google Ads for nonprofits a big plus
- Detailed understanding of Accessibility requirements for clear communication with both design and the use of simple language
- Interest in Human Rights and understanding of LGBTQIA+ communities is preferred
Social Media, Content Writing, Graphic Design, Engagement & Branding
- A wide range of varied people and communities worldwide hear our messages since we are a global Pride membership organization.
- Numerous social media initiatives are now under development for publication on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Medium, and Spotify, among other platforms.
- Your work will be viewed by hundreds of thousands of people worldwide through the Internet.
- InterPride is constantly conducting research and writing SEO-focused articles published on our website, social media channels, and other digital channels to raise awareness of the Pride movement.
- Additional initiatives may include different enhancements to our website, with the ultimate objective of making it the premier online resource for information on Pride organizations.
- The use of keyword research and SEO best practices and intelligent, analytical writing that shows the story and value of work are necessary for this to happen.
- Prepare marketing and public education assets for use in print and online communications.
- Leverage various programs such as Canva, Adobe, and others to generate eye-catching visuals for our global audience.
Engagement & Branding
- Utilize follower growth strategies to increase follower counts
- Using imagery and text to achieve engagement
- Understand the overall concept of InterPride, including the brand, members, and external audiences
You should be proficient in Google Workspace, Canva, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Slack, Zoom, Buffer, and MailChimp (or anything similar).
The following strategic priorities aim to implement this goal:
- You should be proficient in Google Workspace, Canva, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Slack, Zoom, Buffer, and MailChimp (or anything similar).
- Our team is filled with smart, positive, can-do people that support each other in their success. We are looking for someone that wants to join a small, tight-knit team and grow our social media presence. You should be the kind of person that is always experimenting with new methods and knows how to constantly improve a process.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
- Three or Six-Month Unpaid Internship (January-June and July-December) for credit
- Flexible schedule
- It varies depending on the needs of the organization, and your availability
- This internship is a remote internship
- Communication will be done by phone, zoom, and email
For questions about this internship and how to apply, please contact us.
Robyn Klawitter, Fall 2022, Social Media Intern
Recent college graduate, passionate about fashion, sustainability, and making the fashion and beauty industry a more inclusive space.
Sarah Werth, Summer 2022, MARCOM Intern
Her preferred name is Sarah (she/her/hers), and she currently lives in Boston, MA, USA. She is excited to work at InterPride because “it prompts important conversations and is working to be more inclusive by inviting people to use their voice and participate in their work.” Her favorite queer icon, “JoJo Siwa, is a famous individual in the entertainment industry. She is a content creator and has a strong presence on several social media platforms like TikTok. I admire her perspective as a young adult and how she is a role model for younger individuals within the queer community. She was the first contestant to dance with a same-sex partner on Dancing with the Stars in 2021. I love how she played a role in influencing the representation of dance pairs on the show.” Sarah strongly believes that “storytelling is part of being human and hearing other people’s stories helps us grow, learn, and stay inspired!”
Creative Young Professional & Lifelong Learner